Tuesday, June 4, 2013

To YouTube, Or Not To YouTube, That is the question...


So me being a YouTube, I often wonder why I don't just make one myself and begin a channel. Over the course of the last few weeks this thought has been really bothering me because summer is fastly approaching and something inside of me is saying just go for it!

So I established a list of pros and cons to beginning and YouTube:

Pros:

  • Records and Artifacts of my creativity, youth, and experiences. By creating a YouTube I am creating a virtual diary that is visual and I can one day watch myself grow up... which I always thought would be cool.
  • Community. Even through the perspective of a viewer, it is obvious that YouTube is changing. Some inspiring people are becoming sellouts and the entire video making industry is coming across industrialized and...fake. Now, this is a conflict however there is still a sense of community between YouTubers and friends are made. Friends that you share a bond with just based off of the hobbies chosen to pursue.
  • Free flowing creativity. Having a YouTube would demand me to think critically and allow myself to never lose the connection with my creative inhibitions.
  • Meeting new people. YouTube opens so many doors between people and builds so many fiendships.
Cons:
  • As I said before, YouTube is steadily becoming more commercialized and becoming a part of that might stunt my creativity and blind me from seeing the reasons why I began to begin with.
  • School. As petty as it may seem, it is quite difficult striking out on a whim and recording yourself. For all eyes to see. Me being in high school presents the dilemma as to how my peers will react if they were to find that I began a channel. Sometimes people are accepting, but usually people are degrading. And I don't know if that something I want to inflict myself with.
  • Time. I'm committed to a lot of things during the school year and nothing during the summer. So usually around this time of year I get all of these ideas that disintegrate when school begins which wouldn't be fair to subscribers (if i get any :P
So as you can see guys, I'm a total mess and I have no clue... I just dunno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment