Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June Wrap Up!

June was a crazy month plagued with finals and real life non- book related festivities therefore I did not read as much as I wanted to however I am happy overall with the amount of books I read!

So without further ado... My June Wrap Up!


  • Running With Scissors by Augusten Buroughs
I gave this book 5 out of  5 stars and have already reviewed it. Planning on reading sequel Dry soon.
  • Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
Written by the author of Speak I was entertained by this novel and it had many redeeming themes, but was written quite simply. 3 out of 5 stars.
  • The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
All time favorite books, reread this for pleasure purposes. Will always be a 5 out of 5 book. Expect a review soon.
  • A Clash of Kings by George R.R Martin
The second book in the Song of Ice and Fire Series has failed to disappoint me. This book was engrossing and enthralling and the A Storm of Swords is already in the mail! This book was amazing and somehow managed to be just as good as the first. 5 out of 5 stars.
  • I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou 
Maya Angelou's memoir was moving and touching. The story was crafted with the intent to instill a perseverance in one that has been through dreadful things. However, despite the moving nature of the memoir some parts in my opinion were hard to get through. 3 out of 5 stars. 
  • Moira's Crossing by Christina Shea
The book itself was endearing and sweet despite the ominous aspects that develop from the death of the main character's sister. It was sad, and there were elements of foreshadowing that contributed to my entertainment however, it was at some point monotonous and kind of boring. 3 out of 5 start.


No comments:

Post a Comment