Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer Reading 2013 (1)


Hey lovely people!

So though it's is still wretched finals week which sucks something awful, I have already made a trip to the library and the thrift shop for the first bunch of book for the summer.

Books I got:

  1. Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich
  2. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
  3. The Language of Flowers* by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
  4. Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
  5. 1984 by George Orwell
  6. Persepolis: The Story of A Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
  7. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  8. Game of Thrones* by George R.R Martin
  9. A Clash of Kings* (Sequel to Game of Thrones) 
I've already began reading Ms. Angelou's memoir, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings its quite moving and beautifully crafted and has already began to help me heal with related things she's experienced. Anyway, I will review each book over time! So look forward to that and I'm moving to Brooklyn for the summer so hopefully I'll stumble upon some fashion inspiration and some experiences to share!

Love & Boogers,
Ali

*books that I have already read but want to revisit

2 comments:

  1. hey there, just stumbled upon your blog and love these book recommendations! You just reminded me that I've been wanting to read "I know Why the Cage Bird Sings." thanks
    -Rose
    http://www.lifeisagirlsbestfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya!
      Thanks for stumbling upon my blog haha! "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" was actually really good I just finished it. I'm not quite done with the review but when it goes up I'll let you know!

      Delete